the way i feel it, tidying up it picking up the peices of rubbish off your foor or organising you desk or folding your clothes, but you still need to delegate time to do a thorough cleaning of your room like your sheets or vaccuming your floors or having a big pile of washing to get through. So although this is a great habit to hold onto for cleanliness you also have to have that weekly big cleanup.
I use the 10 min daily to just put away junk thats in the wrong place, throw away stuff, just to tidy up. That way when I do my weekly big clean theres nothing in the way! It makes my weekly cleaning easier & faster! 😁
For me, there are a few “big” task that to take extra time like laundry, yard work or dog baths. I try to think of it as multiple ten min habits within each task. This helps me feel like I’m accomplishing more and helps me still get the job done
I would say there are certain cleaning tasks which I dread and do not do during 10 mins cleaning habit. For example, I keep postponing big choirs like wet-cleaning the floor or washing windows. Instead I choose to rearrange my stuff or take out recycling trash 🙂 so When It actually comes to undesirable tasks I get to put extra effort and time to do them
The habit helps to maintain an already cleanish space so if you take day one hour to really clean up those 10 minutes everyday will help keep it that way
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?