I keep all benches and table tops clear and the floor clear as I go. I have a messy toddler so this is ongoing.
A deep clean is once a week scrubbing top to bottom inside and out
I hope this helped. 😊
Tip: Do your laundry and dishes regularly as if you don’t you will start to get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff you would have to do. Hope this was helpful! 🙂 good luck 👍🏼
Always take small areas in the room you selected and don’t pass to the next one until you finish that area because in the process more things that have to go there might appear and will need to be sorted out.
Most important of all, don’t over stress. Take it easy and step by step.
Step 2: Don't create more mess! Put things back where they below immediately after you're done using it. Finish the task you're on completely before starting another.
BONUS: Look for ways to "Reduce Clutter". Remember this. Take an overall look at your surroundings. If you see clutter either rearrange it, fix it, remove it or toss it. Trust me you will live a better life.
Remove big obstacles first to make your life easier.
Then put everything that doesn’t belong in the room in a basket.
Redistribute the items after.
No dirty dishes in sink
Scoop car litter box
Put out food for cat and fresh water
Turn back sheets on my bed
Spray lavender scented oil in air to relax
Lay out things for next day
An achievable quick tidy could include:
– Make bed (part of your FABULOUS morning schedule)
– Take all pots into kitchen
– Wash dishes
– Wipe table, worktops and hob
– Dirty laundry into basket
– Put load of washing on
– Wipe bathroom sink and bath/shower
Then as you get into a habit of ticking these things off, add these tasks:
Weekly – hoover downstairs, hoover upstairs, kitchen floor, toilet cleaner in loo
Alternate weeks: Dust (one week upstairs, the next week downstairs), change bed linen
Monthly: Clean windows, clean out fridge, clean bathroom
I also clean and tidy in evening or at the end of work. So this can be my office or the kitchen and family room at home. Generally those are my daily keep clean areas. But I have my monthly deep clean everywhere which I see more of full day. Kind of thing.
It's the one place to seek peace and solitude- when you want a moment to be quiet and do breathing exercises, meditate, etc. – it's always best to do it in a clean space.
With my kitchen it’s the sink that I start with and then my fridge and once that is done the kitchen is normally under control.
It stands for the organised mum method. (Useful for anyone not just mums) It is essentially 30mins general tidy every day and 30 mins focus on one room a day. The method can be found using google on a blog!! It has helped me tremendously.
I use my robotic vacuum cleaners to vacuum four times a week so that keeps the dust down.
Since I’ve only lived here for a little more than two years, I’m just now feeling like this is home. I feel safe here. And it’s so natural and beautiful outside.
I hope that helps and good luck cleaning.
My next step is typicall washrooms. I will squirt the toilet with cleaner and let it soak, while I clean the sink, mirrors and bath tub/shower. I will finish the washroom with the inside then outside of the toilet.
Finally, I will vacuum each room and finish with a mop. I hope to get to a point where I can finish this in a few hours, instead of over the course of two days.
The trick for our house is to maintain a decent level of tidiness to help me move through the first steps quickly.
I just moved out and did general cleaning. It was massive. I realised a lot of areas I can improve upon. Cleaning windows is a good start. It gives you a whole lot different perspective on life. It does make a difference to have clean windows even though the chore is daunting for me.
Spot clean as you go so that the spaces you’re not cleaning are still cleanish 🙂.
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!