When swopping it for a plant-based option, free from animal products, it is important to focus on consuming a food that will offer similar nutritional value.
Foods that offer both the nutrition of eggs and will make a great breakfast option are Tofu scramble with nutritional yeast and tumuric, chickpeas/hummus with raw veggies or on health bread, chia seeds which can be used as a topping over fruit or smoothies or a handful of nuts and seeds.
Good luck! /Oscar
In the fall and winter, I replace the yogurt with oatmeal. If I needed a more portable breakfast, I would have whole wheat toast with peanut butter, a banana, and some milk.-
Protein bars are a decent option and one of the best protein sources I’ve found for as a vegetarian. Look for one with less sugar and make sure there’s plenty of protein. An app like Fooducate, which let you scan the food’s barcode and then gives you an overview of the nutrition and alternatives, can be really helpful for this. Add some fruit and it’s a decent breakfast.
Also, don’t get caught up in the “breakfast foods for breakfast” idea. If you want to eat last night’s leftovers for breakfast, it still counts. Food is food and your body isn’t going to refuse to use something as fuel just because it’s the “wrong” time of the day to eat it.
2. Spinach smoothie with frozen banana, strawberries, chia seeds, flax seed, fiber, and protein powder.
3. Fresh fruit, almonds, and whole wheat toast with avocado.
1) Beans.. can be cooked in several methods l, add vegetables to it
2)cheese and brown bread
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??