As for weight loss, I struggled with it for a long time, discouraged that nothing really worked, no exercise was enough, nothing stuck, until I read a book called Sugar Free by Sonoma Press (which I highly recommend! The ebook goes on sale every so often; check into it), and after reading the science behind the idea, I decided to try the 28-day sugar detox (modified to fit my tastes and budget).
So far, nothing else has worked like low-sugar has, and mind you, I started losing significant weight without doing a lick of exercise. I don’t follow a full-detox lifestyle 100% of the time, only when I feel like I might be giving in to too many little cravings and need a reset, but the majority of what I eat is low-sugar/low-carb, and I’m not deprived or bored or going hungry. My mom also follows the same diet and is seeing results of her own. When we need new recipe ideas, Keto is the closest we’ve found to match our needs, and there are TONS of recipes online.
I also sometimes do intermittent fasting, but it’s mostly accidental, on days when I may not eat breakfast till later in the morning. The bulk of my weight loss (45 lbs. and counting!) has been due to low-sugar, and I finally feel like I’ve found something both easy and sustainable to continue and maintain my weight loss and future health. Give it a try!
- I used to eat eggs with cheese or bananas with apples as breakfast every morning. Do have any other recipes for breakfast?
- How do you commit yourself to eating healthy every day, even on a time crunch?
- Anyone know of a low-carb/keto friendly cereal?
- Any simple breakfast ideas which are healthy?
- What shouldn’t I be eating for breakfast?
- What do you like to eat for your great breakfast?
- Is there a good warm meal that you can make it in a short time, like in three minutes? Quick meals are rather cold.
- Can I eat meat for breakfast?
- What do you usually have for breakfast most days?
- I am not eating eggs, dairy or gluten. I often have smoothies for breakfast. Any ideas for other options?