As for weight loss, I struggled with it for a long time, discouraged that nothing really worked, no exercise was enough, nothing stuck, until I read a book called Sugar Free by Sonoma Press (which I highly recommend! The ebook goes on sale every so often; check into it), and after reading the science behind the idea, I decided to try the 28-day sugar detox (modified to fit my tastes and budget).
So far, nothing else has worked like low-sugar has, and mind you, I started losing significant weight without doing a lick of exercise. I don’t follow a full-detox lifestyle 100% of the time, only when I feel like I might be giving in to too many little cravings and need a reset, but the majority of what I eat is low-sugar/low-carb, and I’m not deprived or bored or going hungry. My mom also follows the same diet and is seeing results of her own. When we need new recipe ideas, Keto is the closest we’ve found to match our needs, and there are TONS of recipes online.
I also sometimes do intermittent fasting, but it’s mostly accidental, on days when I may not eat breakfast till later in the morning. The bulk of my weight loss (45 lbs. and counting!) has been due to low-sugar, and I finally feel like I’ve found something both easy and sustainable to continue and maintain my weight loss and future health. Give it a try!
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??