As for weight loss, I struggled with it for a long time, discouraged that nothing really worked, no exercise was enough, nothing stuck, until I read a book called Sugar Free by Sonoma Press (which I highly recommend! The ebook goes on sale every so often; check into it), and after reading the science behind the idea, I decided to try the 28-day sugar detox (modified to fit my tastes and budget).
So far, nothing else has worked like low-sugar has, and mind you, I started losing significant weight without doing a lick of exercise. I don’t follow a full-detox lifestyle 100% of the time, only when I feel like I might be giving in to too many little cravings and need a reset, but the majority of what I eat is low-sugar/low-carb, and I’m not deprived or bored or going hungry. My mom also follows the same diet and is seeing results of her own. When we need new recipe ideas, Keto is the closest we’ve found to match our needs, and there are TONS of recipes online.
I also sometimes do intermittent fasting, but it’s mostly accidental, on days when I may not eat breakfast till later in the morning. The bulk of my weight loss (45 lbs. and counting!) has been due to low-sugar, and I finally feel like I’ve found something both easy and sustainable to continue and maintain my weight loss and future health. Give it a try!
- Any ideas for a healthier breakfast when there’s limited time and I fancy something sweet?
- What does the other Fabulous members eat for breakfast for optimum energy?
- I’m always on the go running late what items do you grab for a quick bite?
- What does everyone usually have for there breakfast?
- What is the healthiest high-protein breakfast that doesn’t require any cooking?
- What are they eating
- Cheap breakfast ideas?
- To save some time in the morning, do prepare your breakfast the day before?
- What defines a ‘great breakfast’ to you?
- How can I motivate myself to set up my breakfast at night so I have an easier morning when I am exhausted?