As for weight loss, I struggled with it for a long time, discouraged that nothing really worked, no exercise was enough, nothing stuck, until I read a book called Sugar Free by Sonoma Press (which I highly recommend! The ebook goes on sale every so often; check into it), and after reading the science behind the idea, I decided to try the 28-day sugar detox (modified to fit my tastes and budget).
So far, nothing else has worked like low-sugar has, and mind you, I started losing significant weight without doing a lick of exercise. I don’t follow a full-detox lifestyle 100% of the time, only when I feel like I might be giving in to too many little cravings and need a reset, but the majority of what I eat is low-sugar/low-carb, and I’m not deprived or bored or going hungry. My mom also follows the same diet and is seeing results of her own. When we need new recipe ideas, Keto is the closest we’ve found to match our needs, and there are TONS of recipes online.
I also sometimes do intermittent fasting, but it’s mostly accidental, on days when I may not eat breakfast till later in the morning. The bulk of my weight loss (45 lbs. and counting!) has been due to low-sugar, and I finally feel like I’ve found something both easy and sustainable to continue and maintain my weight loss and future health. Give it a try!
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?