As for weight loss, I struggled with it for a long time, discouraged that nothing really worked, no exercise was enough, nothing stuck, until I read a book called Sugar Free by Sonoma Press (which I highly recommend! The ebook goes on sale every so often; check into it), and after reading the science behind the idea, I decided to try the 28-day sugar detox (modified to fit my tastes and budget).
So far, nothing else has worked like low-sugar has, and mind you, I started losing significant weight without doing a lick of exercise. I don’t follow a full-detox lifestyle 100% of the time, only when I feel like I might be giving in to too many little cravings and need a reset, but the majority of what I eat is low-sugar/low-carb, and I’m not deprived or bored or going hungry. My mom also follows the same diet and is seeing results of her own. When we need new recipe ideas, Keto is the closest we’ve found to match our needs, and there are TONS of recipes online.
I also sometimes do intermittent fasting, but it’s mostly accidental, on days when I may not eat breakfast till later in the morning. The bulk of my weight loss (45 lbs. and counting!) has been due to low-sugar, and I finally feel like I’ve found something both easy and sustainable to continue and maintain my weight loss and future health. Give it a try!
- How long after you get up do you eat breakfast?
- What are some healthy breakfasts for moms on the go?
- What do you eat when you’re on the run and can’t prepare breakfast?
- What do you do to vary your breakfast options?
- Do you have great make-ahead breakfasts?
- How do you avoid wanting carbs in the morning? I have strong cravings for bread/toast/bagels.
- How do you refrain from eating sugary cereals? Sometimes I have a craving for it, but I realize that it’s not the best thing for my body at the top of the morning.
- Any recipes for an amazing breakfast? I need more ideas.
- If you work early in the morning and commute to work, how quickly do you eat breakfast after waking up? How does this factor into your morning commute?
- Do you include vegetables in your breakfast?