Guided meditations, rather than silence or a droning sound, are helping me practice the mental discipline of meditation. They help keep me focused. This may change as I get more used to it, but right now I’m a beginner so learning what to do—how to breathe, what to think about—is helpful.
- What type of meditation you guys do?
- How do you most successfully set yourself up to complete your afternoon routine? I always struggle with starting it and making it stick.
- How long should I do a guided meditation for?
- What are your favourite meditation apps?
- What sorts of meditation do you find most helpful?
Listening to a voice allows me to better picture any leads I'm given to follow. If I'm left to my own devices, I can't concentrate.
Because I am new to meditation, I find it easier to write my thoughts down in a journal rather than the classic way of sitting in silence. It is sometimes a jumbled mess, but it gets everything out of my mind that is pent up or confused. I find it a very peaceful way to begin my bedtime routine!
I like guided meditations as they help me to focus. Jason Stephenson on You Tube is a favourite. He has a variety with different focuses such as creativity, relief from anxiety etc. He is an amazingly smooth and calming voice.
For me I usually enjoy body scans a lot because it helps me relax my body. I also like to focus on my breath, that relaxes me a lot too. I use meditation apps because they teach me how to meditate and they really guide me very well.
I prefer to start my day with any length of meditation that I’m able to dial into. At first that was only 5 minutes. And that had to be ok for me then, and understand that 20 minutes or more would happen when I got there. I use headspace their courses really help me
When I first started meditating, I used the app Headspace which was awesome for beginners. Now that I have been practicing regularly, I sometimes use an app or do it on my own, sitting. Just focusing on my breath, telling myself positive things, trying to stay in the Here and Now.
I like the guided meditations available. And I like to meditate before I sleep or before I wake up. I am most relaxed then!
The guided meditation here works really well for me because it gives me an opportunity for visualization. The bells is very good as well for building discipline of the mind and thoughts.
- How do you meditate? What should meditating consist of? How can I make it most effective?
- How long did you meditate for when your first started?
- How do you maintain your habits when recovering from an injury?
- Does meditation ever get easier with practice?
- How much, how long and how often do you meditate?
- How does you meditation routine look? Do you do it in the morning or evening, etc.?
- How often per day, how long, and what kind of meditation do you have?
- What is the basic right technique for meditation?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- How did you start meditating?