Sounds great, right? 🙂
Since you are a vegetarian, a breakfast that would keep you full and give you enough energy would be something like muesli (you can add nuts or honey) or hummus / falafel.
Generally i love the arabic type of breakfast (was eating it daily when i was in Jordan) which is rich, tasty and can hold you full with energy.
If you prefer something light, and maybe sweet, then you could try greek yogurt with dried fruits and nuts, or even though all time classic energy meal, yogurt nuts and honey.
Last, but not least. I would recommend a very simple but delicious combination that a shepherd in Georgia once served me.
Heavy cream with honey. Its not a breakfast. Its an experience.
Closing, remember to eat clean food. What i mean is to avoid the trends which are products of marketing. Your body needs to know what it takes and the more complex food you add, the harder will be to digest and absorb the needed nutrients.
Avoid ingredients that you would not find naturally (coconut sugar is marketed as a healthy vegan sweetener, but its not a natural product. VEGAN beef burger seems nice but no one mentioned that its healthy).
Do your research. Plan ahead. Respect your food, whether its a lamb or a tomato.
Enjoy life even with regrets.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.