One is the Pink Breakfast Smoothie, by the apparently defunct Mama Owl Blog, but the recipe image is still easily searchable on Pinterest or Google, and I’m including a Pinterest link here: https://www.pinterest.it/pin/328340629077681743/
The only difference when I make this is only really measure the milk and fruit, I leave out the honey and ice (I freeze the fruit), and everything else I eyeball or do to taste.
The second smoothie is from a book I’ve read called Sugar Free, by Sonoma Press. (I highly recommend the book, and I keep going back to it for recipes and information, even two years since first reading it.) The recipe is called the Cocoa Banana Smoothie, and here it is, with directions:
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ cup water
1 frozen barely ripe banana, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk
1. Soak the chia seeds in the water for 10 minutes.
2. Place the chia seeds and any remaining liquid and all the remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend first on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, and then on high speed for 1 additional minute, until smooth. Serve immediately.
I also add ice to this one, since I prefer more of a Frosty-like consistency. At first, this one may seem bitter, but I promise that your taste buds will adapt! I actually ended up looking forward to this smoothie every morning when I was following the book’s sugar detox, and even afterward! 🙂
Hope you enjoy these two recipes and get a lot of mileage out of them!
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?