Aur Lien Q.
I love to have grits (polenta) with veggies and either veggies sausages or a bagel with avocado. I don't eat meat and only have eggs occasionally. Usually I start with onions and green peppers in a dry pan to give them some brown. Then I add mushrooms and butter. Finally I add the grits, veggie stock, and seasonings. While they are cooking I will start either my veggie sausages or a bagel, just depends on my mood that day. If I have a bagel I use a bit of butter and eat it with an avocado that I spoon straight out of the skin. Sometimes I replace the mushrooms in my grits with carrots and if that's the case I usually make two eggs over-easy, because nothing is tastier with carrots than a dippy egg.
Toast bread with jelly and peanut butter, scrambled eggs, 1 sausage, side of mixed fruit ( cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, mangoes, whatever is in season) & coffee (no sugar & half & half)!
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.