I always have been a fan of eating vegetables for breakfast and untraditional breakfast items. So I like to have sauted spinach and onions, with sunny side up eggs on top with a side of Spanish flavored black beans.
I haven’t checked the macros (protein, carbs, fat) but a breakfast I have been enjoying is a piece of whole wheat avocado toast with 2 hard boiled eggs, and some raw red peppers and blueberries. It’s tasty, filling, and gives me energy after a run.
How about eggs? Another thing I’ve done is to make overnight oats with a little bit of protein powder in it. I also really love Siggi’s yogurt. It’s a little on the expensive side,but it has very little sugar in it, especially compared to most convenient yogurts .
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?