For protein I use Legion Athletics Whey+ (look online) in chocolate. The protein is kinda expensive but I only use 1 scoop a day so it lasts a long time.
You can also buy premade protein shakes, but at least where I am it is less expensive to make it myself…and it tastes better.
the main thing is that u can eat it as soon as you wake up!
2 scrambled eggs with hemp hearts & spinach.
Smoothie: protein powder, yoghurt, frozen banana, frozen berries, spinach
If you listen to your body you will have the answers
4 tbls of porridge oats
1 tbls spoon of mixed chia seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Pour with boiled water, leave (covered) for a minute to soak, add a handful of fresh berries and one tbls of plain yogurt (coconut is my fave!). Enjoy!
2-Cooked steel cut oatmeal with milk combined with fresh fruits,
3-Scrambled eggs with cheese with avocado
4- Cold pressed vegetable juice
I cut half an apple into cubes, a date into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
Then I add to the bowl some dried cranberries, some chia seeds and 1/4 a cup of fiber1 cereals. I boil some water and go dress up.
When I’m all set and done, I add to the bowl some yogurt and from the boiled water I make a cup of coffee with almond milk (green Vitariz).
If you are allergic, have a banana and some orange or apple juice
I also like a piece of fruit (apple, banana) with nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew) and a dash of cinnamon.
Fruit and cottage cheese.
I also have rice cakes with honey and tahini. Very easy and quick. I avoid bread, sweets and chocolate in the morning and stick only on good energy.
A cheap breakfast that I can recommend is brown bread, peanut butter and slices of banana. You can even substitute the peanut butter with eggs. To reduce fat, use only the egg white. An apple, banana or any seasonal fruit can be added as well.
1 banana, split
spread on peanut butter on the inside of the halves
glob in your favorite yogurt
sprinkle in your favorite trail mix
Lots of protein, slow sugar, and calcium
something quicker is a banana, and a spoonful of natural peanut butter.
If you don't like bananas, you can throw the trail mix in the yogurt.
Then there's plain oatmeal: add cinnamon, vanilla, and apple slicess
No cofee, the energy comes from food and from a good night sleep.
Other option could be energy bars and toast with peanut butter
– high protein jogurt (greek/skyr)
– banana / apple
– leaf spinach or kale
– chia seeds
Microwaveable plain Oatmeal (not the sugary flavored drink ones) and add fruit and nuts like almonds or walnuts. If you like the flavored oatmeal, but some jam add a little and stir it into the oatmeal.
Prep for the week by making breakfast sandwiches or wraps with eggs, meat and cheese, and freeze. Pop one in the microwave. Have some fruit as well.
Yougurt, fruit, handful of nuts.
Best of luck to you!
Eggs are cheap. Hard boil several for the week. Leave them unpeeled, put them into a sealed container with a damp paper towel. They will be good for the work week.
Do over night oats.
– Muesli and yogurt (Add some fruit to give it more goodness)
– Egg and an any assortment of fruits (Eg. kiwi, apple, banna, pineapple, etc) (What I am currently doing)
The protein helps extend the long energy supply of the fruits. Keeps me going nicely until lunch happens.
fried in coconut oil
I also have oatmeal with different ingredients.
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?