If it's only going to take 5 or so minutes longer I'll extend my session and take a break after, otherwise I'll still take my break. Just set down my work, stand up, stretch, take a short walk. I come back to the task with a little more juice rather than killing myself to try to get it done in one session.
This is one of my biggest quandaries with how best to use Fabulous — my morning routine alone takes me almost all day … I’m slow, I’m disabled, I guess I also have other things I have to do between these tasks … not sure exactly what the problem is, but the Fabulous time estimates are always way way off for me
I have to reevaluate my schedule and see what makes sense and why the task took longer as well .. I find it very important to be realistic and do things of quality
I take action to get started when I tell myself to work on the task for only 20 minutes. I find myself no longer procrastinating on tasks that I am dreading to start.
I check in on myself after the allotted deep work time. If I need to focus my eyes or take a quick break i do that, then I restart the task if I feel up to it. If I want to do something else for a bit I do that, then return to the main task.
Thadd Us S.
take a break if your task is taking too long. that way you will be refreshed and ready to get back on track on your task.
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?