I take action to get started when I tell myself to work on the task for only 20 minutes. I find myself no longer procrastinating on tasks that I am dreading to start.
- How to stay motivated whilst working?
- What helps you concentrate and not get distracted during deep work?
- How do you celebrate finishing the ritual?
- I’ve chosen to work on something during the Deep Work session that’s intimidating for me (involves learning a new skill/trial and error, time/cost commitment) and I find myself putting it off due to anxiety. Any advice?
- How do you get back your focus if you are interrupted?
take a break if your task is taking too long. that way you will be refreshed and ready to get back on track on your task.
This is one of my biggest quandaries with how best to use Fabulous — my morning routine alone takes me almost all day … I’m slow, I’m disabled, I guess I also have other things I have to do between these tasks … not sure exactly what the problem is, but the Fabulous time estimates are always way way off for me
I check in on myself after the allotted deep work time. If I need to focus my eyes or take a quick break i do that, then I restart the task if I feel up to it. If I want to do something else for a bit I do that, then return to the main task.
If it's only going to take 5 or so minutes longer I'll extend my session and take a break after, otherwise I'll still take my break. Just set down my work, stand up, stretch, take a short walk. I come back to the task with a little more juice rather than killing myself to try to get it done in one session.
I have to reevaluate my schedule and see what makes sense and why the task took longer as well .. I find it very important to be realistic and do things of quality
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?