Running, but I am not able to run, so I would have to say the elliptical. I would like to get an elliptical for this reason.
Boxing! It's got a lot of skipping rope and doing burpees, and using the punching bag really gets your heart rate up. Though, with everything being closed right now, even just the skipping is a great cardio workout, and one you could do on your driveway or balcony
An exercise that really builds my cardio is honestly running. It sounds basic but it’s true especially running up a small hill or anything with an incline. I play basketball and that’s something that helped the most and it’s also challenging because you have to try to take your mind to another place so you don’t just focus on the pain of being tired. Just focus on your goals and dreams as if you are physically running to them. That always helps me !
I’m 65 and highly aware of how injuries can profoundly affect my health. I walk fast uphill. I do this at the gym on a treadmill and I hike multiple times a week.
For me, long cardio in the from for boring. So I've just started finding tabata videos on you tube. Short high intensity workouts, a few rounds and that has been really beneficial without losing a lot of time. Makes it manageable, easier to keep doing.
I don’t know an exercise per se. I’d say cardio builds cardio! In my case, transitioning from jogging to running helped, and I used the nike running app to make it happen.
- What do you do for exercise when you are sick or under the weather?
- What have other people done to break the habit of snoozing in the morning?
- Do evening soccer practices count as exercise?
- How do you keep yourself motivated in the first few weeks where you can’t really see the difference despite putting in the effort?
- Do you use a device to track your exercise? How is that working for you?
- How do you get past feeling overwhelmed when you see your friends running several miles each day?
- What are your favorite moves to get your heart pumping when working out? (Burpees, Chair Pose, Jump Rope, etc)
- Do you eat breakfast first thing in the morning?
- What’s your favorite exercising music? Send me some good songs.
- When do you think is the best time of day to work out?