Once I’m dressed, hair and makeup done, car packed up for day, dogs walked etc the last thing I do before setting out for a day at work is eat my porridge. Again it has a scoop of protein power and some fruit of some description, fresh/frozen fruit, maybe some cinnamon, or perhaps seeds.
I enjoy it so much more having alreay had a shake, and can relax knowing I’m ready to go.
It get me closer to lunch than it did when I had it earlier.
On a day off I’ll have a shake, then in a while I’ll have (high protein) yogurt with fruit / nuts / honey.
The key is getting nutrients that will keep you energized for the longest period.
With that I may have 2 fried eggs with bread and a cup of tea.
In regard to my breakfast habit.
Just a note- I noticed only at this moment that the word for the first meal of the day is a combination of Break-fast, which means that after the prolonged period of time not eating (during our sleep) we now break this daily fast.
So, I choose to break my fast daily with Oatmeal with a cinnamon and a green apple.
I make my oatmeal with just boiling water in a bowl.
Those complex cards keep me fueled until my next meal.
My wife chooses to eat protein rich foods in her breakfast
She a couple of boiled eggs or some Greek yogurt with strawberrys.
Two people in the same house but with different breakfasts.
On days im home i stirfry a couple of cups of vegetables then top with a poached egg
Hope this helps!
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– 1 teaspoon of low sugar jam
– A pinch of cocconut oil
I stir the cocoa powder and honey in a cup until it forms a dense paste that looks like Nutella. Then I add the egg and stir it. I melt a pinch of coconut oil in a small pan and cook the egg until it forms what looks like a pancake. I spread some jam on it, roll it and eat it along with an apple.
b. Scrambled eggs + toast
c. Omelette with cheese + Earl grey tea
d. Oatmeal with hot milk
e. Muesli + yoghurt
f. Banana + black coffee
Or, 2 eggs, sprouted toast, gratefruit.
Always 1 coffee or expresso.
Eggs with veggies
Yogurt and granola
Hard boiled egg
Coffee, iced coffee or tea
Nice big omelette is going to give you everything you need.
One scoop protein (currently Beach Body)
1 tsp peanut butter
2 tsp walnuts
3/4 almond milk
It takes like a Reese’s cup!!!
Smoothie-oatmeal (worth checking out!)
Omelette w/ cheese n ham
Avocado toast w/ vegetables
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.