Nothing. Just focus on your breath. Then I imagine I am miles above the earth. I am then thankful I can sit, undisturbed, no worries about famine, war, or sickness. So, I guess my answer is i think about gratitude.
I try to make an image in between my mind and focus on that. It may be of a mountain, river or rain and hear the background noise of music, concentrating on my breathing.
I think it depends on the kind of meditation. If it's just mindfulness I try to keep my mind still and not think about anything or focus on my breathing if it is a meta meditation that focuses on feelings of gratefulness I try to think and focus on the feeling. You have to find the kind of meditation that works for you since there are many explore and find one you like.
- How you manage to meditate if you are always sorounded by people in your room. For example I live with 2 girls in a shared room.
- What benefits have you received from meditating?
- During your meditation do you sometimes go over your to-do list and other things when you should just do the meditation?
- What is meditation about?
- How do I stick to meditating if it makes me feel very uncomfortable both physically and psychologically?
- What do you do if you skip a couple of days of meditating due to a busy schedule ? Is it ok to just get back into when I can ?
- What does your meditation corner look sound and smell like?
- Is it okay to meditate on my sister?
- How long does it take to become really focused in meditation? I find that 12 minutes is a long goal since I’m a beginner!
- How do you make time to meditate each day?