Nothing. Just focus on your breath. Then I imagine I am miles above the earth. I am then thankful I can sit, undisturbed, no worries about famine, war, or sickness. So, I guess my answer is i think about gratitude.
I try to make an image in between my mind and focus on that. It may be of a mountain, river or rain and hear the background noise of music, concentrating on my breathing.
I think it depends on the kind of meditation. If it's just mindfulness I try to keep my mind still and not think about anything or focus on my breathing if it is a meta meditation that focuses on feelings of gratefulness I try to think and focus on the feeling. You have to find the kind of meditation that works for you since there are many explore and find one you like.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??