I think it depends on the kind of meditation. If it's just mindfulness I try to keep my mind still and not think about anything or focus on my breathing if it is a meta meditation that focuses on feelings of gratefulness I try to think and focus on the feeling. You have to find the kind of meditation that works for you since there are many explore and find one you like.
- I want some help for back pain during sitting meditation. Sometime I feel a sharp pain on my right spine tendon. I hope there is something I can do to ease it? Thank you.
- how do you stay focused during meditation?
- I’m having trouble with failing asleep when I meditate. Is there something I can do to keep that from happening?
- Do you use the Fabulous-app for meditation, or do you use another app? 🧘🏼♀️
- How do you challenge negative thoughts?
I try to make an image in between my mind and focus on that. It may be of a mountain, river or rain and hear the background noise of music, concentrating on my breathing.
Nothing. Just focus on your breath. Then I imagine I am miles above the earth. I am then thankful I can sit, undisturbed, no worries about famine, war, or sickness. So, I guess my answer is i think about gratitude.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?