But, on morning that I feel like having proper food- a whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese spread and a low sugar yogurt are nice.
to, oatmeal keeps me full longer than anything, I skip the sugar and eat fruit on top of it.
One fruit (banana or apple)
One cup of oat, crunchy oat with chocolate chip, almond, and soy milk.
One cup of coffe
10g rye bran
200g low fat cottage cheese
100g of berries
If I put 2 eggs in the oatmeal I eat only 100g of cottage cheese
For the eggs I grill fine chopped garlic (on taste) with just enough olive oil to keep it from sticking to the pen.
You can also add, with the garlic, a few grains dried chepotley if you like the heat. To finish a few chopped basil on top.
I also drink a mug of nut milk, like almonds or Brazilian nut and a cup of black coffee.
Sounds like a lot but it's just a matter of 20min to prepare and about 10 to eat.
You got your proteins 1st thing in the morning!
If you'd like you can exchange the eggs for canned tuna or any other fish (same prep).
almond milk half cup,
Egg whites half cup,
Peanut butter one spoon,
Banana one mashed up
Mix in one bowl and microwave for 3 minutes
Stirring in between
Side of berries or seasonal fruit. And of course coffee…. always coffee.
When I need a quick breakfast… plain Greek yogurt, granola, berries, and a drizzle of honey and squeeze of lime. And coffee.
I ate this with krele ki sabji (bitter ground vegitable)
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?