First I started a while ago with eating only 1 piece of fruit in the morning, untill my body was asking for it, so this is not a big stepp for me.
I've already started on a weight loss journey and eating breakfast is an important part of reaching my goal. For me this is one of the biggest motivators for not skipping breakfast.
I'm not just dieting, the goal is weight loss through lifestyle changes. I'm working with medical professionals who have given me diet parameters but I have to figure out day-to-day what to eat. I also have life-long, personal, food restrictions. It's important for me to figure out not just what I should eat, but what I will enjoy and eat consistently.
I'm not big on cooking a lot and I've never been a morning person. I seem to never have time to make breakfast and I usually don't eat until I get to my work desk. So the what and how go hand-in-hand.
I prepare and stay stocked up with things that can either be made quickly or grabbed on the run. Lately that has been greek yogurt with granola (which can be portioned out ahead of time) or breakfast patties that only take a few minutes to make. I also have protein drinks or mini protein bars that I can grab if I'm short on time.
I do still struggle with skipping breakfast though. Sometimes I'm not hungry and forget, or I'm too tired, I get in the zone or space-out and just lose track of time. To make it easier, I started setting alarms and using habit forming apps to help remind me to eat.
I’ve also been known to have half an avocado with some shrimp and lemon juice.
Having a healthy + aesthetically pleasing breakfast helps me not to skip it ! FOOD IS FUEL
I have a big appetite, so eating a breakfast has never been an issue for me. It’s all about eating what’s right
regular weetabix or sometimes 'protein weetabix' with a teaspoon of sugar on top and raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. Or I have the same but with different no added sugar cereals. Sometimes I switch it up and have smoothie bowls with granola or yogurts but it all depends! Good luck stranger <3
- Any simple breakfast recipes with complex carbs, protein, and only 3-5 ingredients?
- What if you really don’t like food in the morning?
- What do you usually drink in the morning for breakfast?
- What is your favorite breakfast for weekdays?
- Do you make your breakfast in the morning or the night before?
- What do you eat when you’ve got work at six in the morning?
- What’s a good breakfast on days I want to head out a run?
- What is the first drink you go for when you head to the kitchen?
- What do you eat when you’re not hungry in the morning?
- Fruit, protein, or carbs. Which way do you go?