First I started a while ago with eating only 1 piece of fruit in the morning, untill my body was asking for it, so this is not a big stepp for me.
I've already started on a weight loss journey and eating breakfast is an important part of reaching my goal. For me this is one of the biggest motivators for not skipping breakfast.
I'm not just dieting, the goal is weight loss through lifestyle changes. I'm working with medical professionals who have given me diet parameters but I have to figure out day-to-day what to eat. I also have life-long, personal, food restrictions. It's important for me to figure out not just what I should eat, but what I will enjoy and eat consistently.
I'm not big on cooking a lot and I've never been a morning person. I seem to never have time to make breakfast and I usually don't eat until I get to my work desk. So the what and how go hand-in-hand.
I prepare and stay stocked up with things that can either be made quickly or grabbed on the run. Lately that has been greek yogurt with granola (which can be portioned out ahead of time) or breakfast patties that only take a few minutes to make. I also have protein drinks or mini protein bars that I can grab if I'm short on time.
I do still struggle with skipping breakfast though. Sometimes I'm not hungry and forget, or I'm too tired, I get in the zone or space-out and just lose track of time. To make it easier, I started setting alarms and using habit forming apps to help remind me to eat.
I’ve also been known to have half an avocado with some shrimp and lemon juice.
Having a healthy + aesthetically pleasing breakfast helps me not to skip it ! FOOD IS FUEL
I have a big appetite, so eating a breakfast has never been an issue for me. It’s all about eating what’s right
regular weetabix or sometimes 'protein weetabix' with a teaspoon of sugar on top and raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. Or I have the same but with different no added sugar cereals. Sometimes I switch it up and have smoothie bowls with granola or yogurts but it all depends! Good luck stranger <3
- Is fruit enough for you? Or are you starving as I am?
- What’s your recommendation for a good breakfast?
- What breakfasts give you the most energy? Feel free to drop a recipe 🙂
- What is your go-to quick breakfast with low to no carbs?
- How do you have time to eat breakfast within an hour after you wake up?
- What is your biggest challenge regarding your diet?
- What do you normally eat that’s super easy like the options it gave in the letter? I want more variety!
- As a vegan are there any items other than porridge, muesli and yogurt that I can eat with fruit?
- What other quick and protein-rich meals can I have for breakfast?
- What if you don’t have enough time to cook before work?