My approach is to keep a list of worthwhile tasks I can do in bed – lying down, even. I also keep a meditation app on my phone, because I figure time spent getting in touch with the here and now expands the time available to me in the future. Finally, if I can't do anything else, I do "blue sky thinking" – brainstorming about the future with an "if there were no obstacles" mindset.
Then I give myself a time limit for being out – anywhere from 5 minutes to a week! Knowing it won't last forever keeps me moving.
Just a small sense of achievement can trigger positive feelings, helping us realise we can do these tiny things, and adding to our sense of achievement as we navigate a tough day, week, or month, by celebrating the tiny victories. Never mind getting through a whole mountain of washing – even putting onenloadbon tonwash, or folding / putting away all your socks, is doable, and doesnt carry with it any big threat of failure. From there, when you're feeling stronger and better able to tackle things, you can move on to the bigger, meatier tasks.
Don't be hard on yourself, meanwhile. It doesn't matter how "together" other people seem, they're messing things up just as much, they're just not letting you see it. 💛
I can do this or that but I am the one choosing.
To realize that I am feeling like not doing something is a feeling, the same as feeling like doing something. May be the point is to just be aware of the feeling
- How i can do not runaway from my tasks and scary thing that i have to do??
- How can I record my accomplishment for these to do list?
- How do you not get overwhelmed by your todo list?
- Do you write your todo list at night for the next day or in the morning?
- How do you write to do lists every day and do those things
- How do you write a you’re to. Do list
- How does one prevent burn out from writing a todo list everyday? I always start out strong then dwindle to weekly lists then will just forget.
- How do you stay consistent with your to do list to make sure you’re progressing forward and achieving your goals daily?
- What do you do with a task if you weren’t able to get to it? Transfer it to the next day?
- My to do list is always quite empty. What can I do about it?