If it’s from someone that I would rather not talk to, or feel the urge to avoid, I would text them back and say something like: “I am tending to my self-care right now. And feel like it would be better for us to talk when I feel more centered. If you could honor that by sending me an email or a letter instead, I would greatly appreciate it.”
Then, I will try to examine why I feel the urge to avoid this person. And get myself sorted out first.
Also, it can also help reduce tensions when people are given the opportunity to write down their thoughts. So the invitation of an email exchange is helpful in that regard.
Above all, I always aim for 100% honesty. And try to do so in a way that honors the others person’s humanity and feelings.
I don’t answer if I don’t have the emotional fortitude to answer.
I let it go to voicemail. If it’s that important then they will immediately call again. If it is not urgent, but they desire a response then they will leave a message.
- What can I do to reduce my social network use?
- I always sleep extremely late, even when I force myself to go to bed, I’ll read or check mail or do whatever things except sleep. How can I fix a sleep time and get good rest every night?
- What time do you disconnect and unplug?
- How do I stop going on my phone so much?
- How do you make yourself to go to sleep before 10:30 pm and stop using a phone (checking IG, FB, emails, WhatsApp) before going to sleep?
- Why is disconnecting and unplugging an important habit?
- Isn’t it ironic that it says “disconnect and unplug” whilst we use the app on our phones?
- How early should I disconnect? I brush and shut everything down just before bed and then read for a bit. Should I do it earlier?
- If I don’t have my phone I feel calmer and happier but I feel like I need my phone for emergencies. Family get frustrated and annoyed if I don’t answer them quickly. They say what if it’s an emergency?! It isn’t relaxing to be in a state of ‘what if there is an emergency’ all the time. But how to get the disconnect balance right?
- how do i stay away from my phone im addicted to playing my phone games