Start small. One task at a time. Even doing something easy like bringing the clean laundry upstairs is better than nothing.
When my room is messy I always feel anxious and depressed, so I try to keep it clean, sometimes I don’t know where to start either but what I find helps is finding one section of your room and start there, or start with getting a garbage bag and throwing out all the garbage or bottles that has stacked up so quickly somehow when you were busy through the week, after all the garbage is gone you can focus on what’s on the floor or you could start with that also, think of it as sections to clean. Also put all your laundry in one spot and put your first load in while you finish cleaning the rest of your room. This is what helps me!
First get on some comfy clothes. Next turn on music. Then start by making up your bed and picking up all the trash around.
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?