Start small. One task at a time. Even doing something easy like bringing the clean laundry upstairs is better than nothing.
When my room is messy I always feel anxious and depressed, so I try to keep it clean, sometimes I don’t know where to start either but what I find helps is finding one section of your room and start there, or start with getting a garbage bag and throwing out all the garbage or bottles that has stacked up so quickly somehow when you were busy through the week, after all the garbage is gone you can focus on what’s on the floor or you could start with that also, think of it as sections to clean. Also put all your laundry in one spot and put your first load in while you finish cleaning the rest of your room. This is what helps me!
First get on some comfy clothes. Next turn on music. Then start by making up your bed and picking up all the trash around.
- What’s something you “tidy up” that ppl wouldn’t think of organizing?
- Do you think that having the same daily cleaning routine works better than spreading it all through the week?
- Do you have any interesting cleaning habits? For example, mine is looking through my wardrobe and picking clothes to give away or looking through my fridge for expiring dates. What is yours?
- Do you think Music helps or distracts when trying to clean/organize/de clutter?
- Any good tips for organising all things?
- What do you do during your clean up ?
- How do i clean and organize drawers?
- Any suggestions for keeping a house tidy when you have two small people following you around creating chaos and messes? My mess-makers are 7 and 4. By the time I’m done cleaning up the daily mess, I have no energy left to tackle the underlying mess! And it’s disheartening to get one area nice and neat…only to turn around and find a new mess. Ideas?
- How can I declutter paper piles?, I never know what to keep and what should I throw.
- How do you keep organized?