I personally struggle with this as well. Sometimes I can recenter myself through simply exercise like a walk or a few push ups. Othertimes I can't. When I get in to a spiral I try to force myself to concentrate on something productive or if I am emotionally drained sometimes I will take a short nap. Try to refocuse yourself on something else, it's extremely difficult since you have developed a habit and habits are difficult to break, the short term gratification and good feeling you get from a show just reinforces the habit. If at all possible try doing things with friends, be active, do productive work, or explore a new hobby. It'll take time and commitment but it possible. You can also use apps like foresr to help you regulate how you use your time.
Sometimes l also want to watch memes, but not all of them are funny and most of them are quite boring. I don't actually know how to solve this problem. So I uninstalled YouTube and other apps to force myself to stop this.
It takes 15 days to make a habit you just need to be consistent with yourself. Work on your self-esteem as well. Do what you like but alone enjoy your own company. You can start by going to a Mall by yourself, eat out by yourself.
- What habits would you put in your daytime routine if you’re an office worker?
- How to get rid of college stress
- What’s a passion project you are working on?
- How do you pay attention while reading? I zone out way too much but continue reading and by then end of the page I have to start over because I wasn’t paying attention.
- can you suggest any spotify playlists to listen to while i study?
- What studying method do you recommend I use if I have to study for a test? (Ex. Flash cards, practice questions, etc.)
- How would you learn a language more effectively?
- How will you search for new things to learn?
- How do you stay productive? When I have barely any time in my day
- What do you do when one work didn’t finish. When I did not finish my schedule I feel like fault even I done too much thing, one more left feel me bad