El I P.
Dividing it up into tasks makes sense for me. If you clean one room at time it is likely that you are going to have a mess in other rooms as you may not have enough time to clean all of them in one go.
This really does depend on many factors, from time and commitment constraints to health and ability. Myself, I can only clean may be half a room at a time. So to got the most out of my bodies ability I start with emptying all small bins into one bag. As I go into that room I say out load (helps me to remember) what 2 items are top of the list to be cleaned. I start from the furthest away from the kitchen as I have a nice cup of tea & 15 minutes with a book/or audiobook (depending on how my hands are 😁. So then I return with my cleaning caddy, do the top 2 items and then decide can I do more here or is it better to tackle the next rooms top 2. So on & so on until each room has the top 2 items done. Now this can span over a few days and include 10 minute mini breaks. That's cleaning for you when you have an invisible chronic disease. 👍🤗🙏 Hope it helps you
I used to prefer taking on one room at a time, but lately I’ve changed it up. When tidying up, I still stick to one room at a time but for bigger cleaning tasks like vacuuming, mopping, and dusting, I just tackle the whole house. Starting in the least used room upstairs and ending in the most used room downstairs. Except for bathrooms. Those I do top to bottom in one go.
- What’s something you “tidy up” that ppl wouldn’t think of organizing?
- Do you think that having the same daily cleaning routine works better than spreading it all through the week?
- Do you have any interesting cleaning habits? For example, mine is looking through my wardrobe and picking clothes to give away or looking through my fridge for expiring dates. What is yours?
- Do you think Music helps or distracts when trying to clean/organize/de clutter?
- Any good tips for organising all things?
- What do you do during your clean up ?
- How do i clean and organize drawers?
- Any suggestions for keeping a house tidy when you have two small people following you around creating chaos and messes? My mess-makers are 7 and 4. By the time I’m done cleaning up the daily mess, I have no energy left to tackle the underlying mess! And it’s disheartening to get one area nice and neat…only to turn around and find a new mess. Ideas?
- How can I declutter paper piles?, I never know what to keep and what should I throw.
- How do you keep organized?