Both. Sometimes peaceful music can really get you in the mood and provide a nice environment for your meditation. Other times silence is what you need. You will know when you need silence
Why don’t try both and see what you prefer? Or perhaps choose depending on how you’re feeling that day? I like to use music sometimes and use it as an anchor, so every time i get distracted I use it to bring me back to the present moment. Hope this helps!!
Love & Light
Love & Light
I think it should be what works for you. I prefer silence, which is never really silent. As I meditate I take in the sounds rain on the roof outside, or wind, or even the clink of my baseboard heaters, and it forms a kind of natural music that I find very comforting. As I meditate I find I am in a place apart from my surroundings yet still connected to the world.
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- How many hours a day do you meditate?
- How do you make sure you meditate every morning?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of meditating with ambient music?
- What to think while meditating?
- What changes did you see after practicing meditation in your personal and professional life? What time do you find is the best for doing it?
- What do you struggle with during meditation?
- When do you meditate? In the morning or before you go to sleep? I often feel like I’m falling asleep when I do it at night and that’s not it’s purpose.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silent?
- I found myself dozing off during meditation, I try to use a meditation app but if I’m sleepy, it’s not going to work. Any suggestions?