I would recommend really reflecting and deciding when it is the best time for you to engage in this practice. For me it is before bed. My body is naturally winding down and as I end up sitting and zoning out I remember to make it purposeful.
I am in the same boat. And that’s applies for everything that I love to accomplish. It is really important to think of ways to achieve such goals even if it is not in the regular daily timing. I don’t have any amazing idea and did not try anything yet. What am I thinking of right now is a couple of techniques. We may try them all
First things first don’t be too harsh on yourself for that, and then just don’t miss it next time. Every missed time is a little mistake, we all do it, just keep in mind that you have this habit and think about those circumstances beforehand. You got this, I believe!
Detach from having to do it at certain times and do it when you can. If you feel like you'll niss to mych then have a certain time set up and uf you do miss it, just make up for it when you can
I’ve got a habit of doing the same and to be honest, it’s difficult to manage, but I find that it helps even to think of things in my head that I’m grateful in random pauses in the day, which accumulate to a lot by the end. Apps can help us as reminders but the main thing is to find moments in the day where you are so present that you feel truly grateful for that moment and that presence.
- Are you noticing any change in how you see the world around you by expressing gratitude each day?
- How many things is ok to write down about being grateful?
- Is it better to drink warm or cold water in the morning?
- Do you usually find that you are grateful for small, every day things or something more significant?
- When do you prefer to practise gratitude?
- How long do you usually reflect for? And do you find it helpful to write a list ?
- What is good news/moment you received in your life recently?
- Do you have a time for how long you want to express gratitude? E.g. mediate or pray for a certain amount of time or just say it out loud for a moment
- Does doing a gratitude checkin redirect your thinking and set you up for a good day?
- What did you notice you were least often gratefule for?