Ir Nia Q.
Your brain is trying to work or think of something. This is why you should obligate your brain to do it. Trick your brain by thinking about not thinking. Your brain will end up confused but it will get better if you always do it. Also avoid putting next to you anything that could distract you. You can also avoid eating before sleep from at least 2 hours. Prepare yourself for sleep intended of staying on a screen. Your body needs at least one hour every evening to get prepared for sleep. In this time you can: take a shower, prepare yourself for the upcoming day or even sit in bed and read a story. If you do this every day, your body will get used to it and you will not have struggle with sleeping peacefully. thx! Have a good day😊
I have a pup so it’s a little easier to put my phone up and just cuddle with her. But I work a 9-5 office job so I’m staring at a screen all day. I remind myself that people and social media will be there in the morning and I need to give not only my eyes but myself a break and just come back to myself. It’s not easy I know but after practice it becomes easier! Try reading books instead on an article.
Set an alarm and when it goes off out down your phone/book/whatever. Then work to establish a non-thinking bedtime routine. Like drink tea, take a shower, stretch, brush your teeth, wash your face, meditate, go to bed. Give yourself about 30 mins and by then your brain will be relaxed and it will be easy to drop to sleep.
Develop a to do list or book mark process that you trust so you can wait for the next day to review that article or video. Then be ruthless with yourself. Also, just turn off the apps that you use to find those articles and videos.
- When I disconnect and unplug, I’m lying in my bed with what seems like an interminable number of thoughts looping in my head. I know, my head is very talkative. I can’t sleep because of this, and so after a while, my phone shuts me up because I go and look at it. Any advice on keeping my thoughts to a minimum? Cheers.
- What motives you to put your phone away?
- I easily forget to do my night routine. How can I make it a permanent thing?
- I often stay on my phone late to distract from negative thoughts in my mind, how can I avoid these negative thoughts getting out of control without going on my phone.
- I don’t like to leave my phone an hour before sleep.. is it a necessity if i already can sleep well ?
- What is their evening routine and why?
- How do you deal with friends that are trying to contact you while you’re getting ready to fall asleep and disconnecting?
- How many hours before sleep time do you disconnect?
- What does it help you the most to disconnect at night? I am still finding it hard to disconnect from my phone and not look at it right before going to bed…
- What have u tried that doesn’t work?