I use Duolingo for learning languages. But for general knowledge I try to read as many books as possible. I found every shortcut I tried so far very unsatisfying. Knowledge from Apps, YouTube or other places on the internet is mostly shallow. I sometimes use blinkist, but if I'm really interested in some topic, I see no other way than to dive into a full book. For general knowledge I would recommend to start with Sapiens by Harari or Behave by Sapolsky. Both are extremely knowledgeable. If you are not into reading, you may try audio books. I used Audible, but it is Amazon and thus kind of evil. 😉
The best way to grow general knowledge is probably too read m I'd recommend making a small goal like a book every two months or something to start with and then work your way up. Goodreads is a pretty good app to keep track of of your progress. If fiction is easier for you, start with that to make reading a habit and then start with nonfiction in whatever topics you find interesting/want to know more about.
- I’m really curious! What did you decide to learn as part of your new habit? And why?
- What’s the best online learning platform to learn a new skill to make a career change?
- How do you find motivation to make it a daily habit? If you don’t complete that task and achieve your golden triangle does it bother you? And if not how do you make peace with it?
- I deleted all social media. But I keep using browser to go on them now. I can’t delete browser I need it for studies too. Any advice?
- How can u keep concentrating while working ?
- Do you have a course or anything I could learn?
- I am easily distracted by books, and by that, I mean it doesn’t take much to induce me to dive into a new one. Problem is, I often find myself reading (no joke) about a dozen or so books at once. Any tips for how to prioritize what I learn? And when to let go of or update old learning goals?
- What are you learning about?
- What do you do when you have a bad day where you feel depressed and anxious, so you struggle with being productive and looking after yourself ?
- I have a hard time comprehending information as I read. Like if I read a chapter of a book, I won’t be able to tell you what happened. Any tips on this? Also, do you have any tips on note taking?