i tend to start my mornings and the beginning of my workouts with yoga. especially yoga focusing on the muscle area i’m about to workout. i consider that my warm up, then for my cool down i also do a few more all around stretches/yoga poses.
It’s okay. You can do some strength reps focused on a single muscle (eg. abs, trunk, chest), or a full-body strength workout, and then a yoga workout. You could also do some HIIT or cardio like running, cycling or ellipticals and then do some yoga to cool down and get a good stretch.
I don't see why not, yoga is similar to stretching before a workout but maybe a bit more work, just make sure to not burn yourself out 🙂
- Can you recommend a 30 minute exercise program for everyday use?
- What is your favorite exercise and how early do you like to wake up before you go to work?
- What do you find to be the best time of day to fit in exercise as a working person?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise in the mornings and how do you celebrate?
- How do you vary your workouts so that you build all types of fitness and not just overdo one aspect such as too much cardio and not enough strength or flexibility or vice versa?
- How do you make your exercise fun?
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you are tired?
- I have trouble prioritizing so that exercise doesn’t get missed. What have you found to be helpful for getting exercise in every day?
- Should you exercise before you eat or after? The habits when you first start go from water to healthy breakfast then exercise. I don’t remember seeing anything that suggested exercise after water then eating a good breakfast, but that’s what I’ve been doing because it makes more sense to me.
- What type of exercise routine are you following?