As for products, definitely check Environmental Working Group’s list of products that won’t harm you.
That's all, thans for asking.
Products? I use some Norwex cloths for most rooms. And still paper towels for bathroom cleaning.
On the weekend I tend to do a lot more. Probably 3-4hours each day…or sometimes more…which is a bit embarrassing to write down. This tends to be the deep cleaning stuff, such as, all the laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, hoovering, mopping, cleaning the tiles and kitchen cabinets, washing the dog and paperwork etc. The list goes on. I will start in the morning and usually not get finished until mid afternoon…which sounds like I clean for even longer than I thought! I do other things within this time like take my dog out for a long walk but they still take up only a fraction of the time I end up cleaning. I do get some enjoyment out of it becuse I can put on my headphones and listen to music, podcasts or audible. And I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile and useful. But it is a bit excessive and once the afternoon comes round I'm exhausted and don't want to do anything else the whole day which then feels a bit wasted. I have actually been thinking about how to find a balance.
I have terracotta floors so I have to use specific products for it.
For the windows I have special sponges that works real well.
However I usually clean the dust, then the windows, then I use the vacuum cleaner and then the product for the floor.
Of course I tidy up everything before starting the cleanings.
Sorry for my English, I'm not mother tongue.
Or throw them in the Laundry basket) lastly I sweep, and throw away the trash. If I have time I clean the shower, bathroom sink and toilet as well as take out the trash
Tody creates a schedule for what needs to be cleaned and how often (because I don’t really always know how often things need to be done).
Most often, I use windex multipurpose spray to clean pretty much everything except windows and toilets. I buy it in bulk on amazon and just refill my bottles to eliminate waste.
I just bought a Bissell spin mop to make floor cleaning easier. As well, we have a Shark Brand Robot vacuum. My goal is to automate or simplify every possible cleaning responsibility. So I can be more successful.
In terms of cleaning products, I have tried a whole bunch. The organic, “all natural” ones never actually work as well as the tried and true (Clorox, Windex, Dawn dish soap). I also like to use white vinegar and baking soda, especially for gross plastic (protein shake bottles).
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!