I used to ask myself “will I break and fail to do some exercise today?”
Another way is to do very small steps toward the goal, then you’ll get dopamine rewards and you’ll get rolling. I.e: Start by standing up (victory 1) then get dressed (victory 2) then just go to the door (victory 3), then open it, then get outside… and continue until you actually get to the exercise bit.
Hope that helps
- I am nervous about how I am going to try to stick to my current habits, routines, and rituals. Should I take a break to feel good then later develop a daily meditation routine?
- How can I make the time to study and be motivated?
- How long do you aim to retain focus for your deep work?
- Do you have any good exercises for stretching hip flexors? Or for stretching your back and shoulders?
- What is your favourite/best milk and cheese substitute. I am addicted to both but as of late I’ve given them up (great results, your skin clears up immediately for starters). I’ve had luck with some other kinds of milk, but cheese-wise, nothing beats the real deal and all other substitutes are terrible imho. Thoughts?
Slow progress is better than none and one step at a time wins against coach time.
Quads, shoulders and chest and am building up from there
Make it an excuse
Do some exercise or stretching when u catch yourself procrastinating
Each time u plan on exercising, try to different types of exercises that u consider fun & not really exercising to break up the usual (boring) routine in the traditional sense like swimming, yoga, etc.
Find a friend that’ll keep you accountable & Vice versa
Look on YouTube or ask around for different ideas to try new exercises
I think learning to let yourself win
and feel your success is important.
2. I just started checking them off and finding myself more inspired and ambitious
Because when you finish the routine you get a nice inspiring message and I need a little help mothering myself.
- What’s better than meditation?
- How should I meditate?
- Why is meditation important for you?
- How do you meditate without a guide?
- How important is body position for meditation?
- How many times should you meditate a day?
- How do you feel if you accidentally fall asleep during meditation? Do you try again later?
- Sometimes, when I have only 10 min. for a meditation in the morning and afterwards I need to leave to work, I feel it’s rather stressful to meditate. Should I persist with it or rather remove it from my morning routine?
- What is your favorite meditation tool/technique that takes 5 minutes or less?
- In what position should I be when I meditate? Can I meditate lying down?