I ask my husband to give me 15 minutes of alone time, put my headphones in, and lie down in a dark cool room. Sometimes it’s hard to settle your mind and that’s okay, just remind yourself that you are trying!
I use an app called as calm. It's very helpful. Just know that initially it's going to be hard. Starting is the hard part. But you can make it easier by finding yourself a nice spot to meditate, choose a time, make it as special as you can and you'll start to like it. It is hard. But it is worth it.
I remember how it is an oasis from the chattering mind of myself and others. It is a temporary escape from the crazy shouting world while a gift to myself to create more resilience for my return to that world.
Focusing on just being present in the moment and forgetting my surrounding. Just having a simple me moment. Remembering why I started this journey and that at the end of the day it’s going to benefit me and who I truly am. I am going to be a better person. So keeping the end goal in mind
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??