Each morning I go over the overdue tasks from yesterday and the new tasks in the Inbox and assign them to a project and give them a due date. I do this for tasks I want to complete within one week. Other longer-term goals I leave in the Inbox, uncategorized.
For today's tasks I additionally specify a priority (p1-p4), this helps with staying on target. I have a max of 3 priority 1 tasks each day.
Todoist's "The next 7 days"-view is handy to stay on top of your weekly goals and gives a good overview for you to estimate the coming week's workload.
I hope this helped you!
- Do you have any time management tips by any chance? I often find it takes me longer to complete tasks than it should
- How many things do you have in your to do list?
- When you reflect at the end of the day, do you have a penalty system if you did not complete what you said you would?
- If you don’t finish the list , do you leave it or put it on again the next day ?
- How to order to do list when you have so much things to do?
- How many items do you put on your daily to-do list?
- regarding writing and completing the to-do list, how do you keep yourself accountable?
- Do you have a notebook ONLY for your task list?
- Do you ever include “daily routine” items on your To-Do list? While you’re forming the habit? Always?
- I would like to know how you deal with Events etc. that require you to change your plans and so also your to do list or completely change your timetable?