Each morning I go over the overdue tasks from yesterday and the new tasks in the Inbox and assign them to a project and give them a due date. I do this for tasks I want to complete within one week. Other longer-term goals I leave in the Inbox, uncategorized.
For today's tasks I additionally specify a priority (p1-p4), this helps with staying on target. I have a max of 3 priority 1 tasks each day.
Todoist's "The next 7 days"-view is handy to stay on top of your weekly goals and gives a good overview for you to estimate the coming week's workload.
I hope this helped you!
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??
- How do you realistically decide how long a task will take and how many you should plan for the day?
- Do you order your list by importance or is it just random?
- How long should my to do list be?
- Is the habit effective for you ?
- How to manage my time?
- Do you have a daily limit of To Do’s, in order to avoid a never ending list and encourage completion?
- Do you check things off that you are “going to do” but haven’t actually done yet?
- How long is your to do list?
- What you guys write in your to-do!main task or all tasks?