I used to do the same. I have fabulous set as read, then a short meditation session to help me switch gears, then disconnect and unplug with “darker quieter cooler” and it really helps me break down my zones rather than just trying to read myself to sleep. It’s still in my room with an alarm, but I have a dedicated time to put it down and focus on how relaxed and comfortable I am to help transition to sleep.
Usually when I wanna get off my phone I turn off my phone and go outside and once you realize that it's not that bad it gets easier everytime.
Putting your phone in a place that is far from your bed could be a solution. That way you can still hear audiobooks with your hearphones, also in the morning you are forced to get up to turn off the allarm.
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?