I used to do the same. I have fabulous set as read, then a short meditation session to help me switch gears, then disconnect and unplug with “darker quieter cooler” and it really helps me break down my zones rather than just trying to read myself to sleep. It’s still in my room with an alarm, but I have a dedicated time to put it down and focus on how relaxed and comfortable I am to help transition to sleep.
Usually when I wanna get off my phone I turn off my phone and go outside and once you realize that it's not that bad it gets easier everytime.
Putting your phone in a place that is far from your bed could be a solution. That way you can still hear audiobooks with your hearphones, also in the morning you are forced to get up to turn off the allarm.
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?