I used to do the same. I have fabulous set as read, then a short meditation session to help me switch gears, then disconnect and unplug with “darker quieter cooler” and it really helps me break down my zones rather than just trying to read myself to sleep. It’s still in my room with an alarm, but I have a dedicated time to put it down and focus on how relaxed and comfortable I am to help transition to sleep.
Usually when I wanna get off my phone I turn off my phone and go outside and once you realize that it's not that bad it gets easier everytime.
Putting your phone in a place that is far from your bed could be a solution. That way you can still hear audiobooks with your hearphones, also in the morning you are forced to get up to turn off the allarm.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?