2 eggs, 1.5 cups fruit, 2 cherry tomatoes.
Dinosaur oatmeal, 10 almonds, spoon full vanilla Greek yogurt.
Basically swap between those.
I also like to eat scrambled eggs and toast.
In the summer, I drink protein shakes with added fruit and flax seeds and wheat germ.
I eat quinoa with mango and cinnamon and a little cream.
One of my favorites are sweet potato pancakes with a little maple syrup and apple chicken sausages.
Anyway back to breakfast! I don't eat until mid-morning, around 10 o'clock. First, I have to take my meds with a glass of water, of course. Then, I have to give my little dog, a Shih Tzu called,Mischief. She is 14 now, but she earned her name when she was younger. But, she is my best female buddy. We spend time loving each other for a while. Next, I do a hour or more stretching every muscle in my body because I have problems exercising on dry land. I still have a tendency to fall. Having two total hip replacements in my hips and screws and rods in my back, it is not a good idea to fall, now. So I do serious stretching on my bed. It is really toning me.
Okay, now to breakfast!
1 – I tend to have a slice of 12 grain bread, which I love, with peanut butter, or light cream cheese, and a no-sugar added jam. Another glass of water, of course. About an hour later, I usually eat a Granny Smith apple for a fruit and fiber. I am not a hot drink person and I like cold water.
2 – I sometimes eat a sugarless dry cereal with some milk, instead of the bread plus.
3 – Being that I am still living in the north and it is wintertime, I will, once in a while, put some milk in a bowl with oatmeal flakes, stir it, cover it with Press and Seal or Saranwrap. Put it in the fridge to soak up the milk during the night. In the morning, I put it in the microwave for a few minutes, until it is hot and smooth. Take it out and add a little regardless jam for a tasty treat.
4 – Sometimes, I will make an omelet with a slice of cheddar cheese in it. It is so good, but I don't really care to cook for myself. When my husband is joining me, it is different. We are still very close, even though we are still married almost 61 years.
I hope that I have given you a couple of ideas. I wish you joy with your The Fabulous app. It is the greatest!!! In this young year, may you and yours have good health, much happiness and a lots of laughter in you lives.
Have a positive attitude toward your life, it really helps. Bye bye.
-apple with almond butter and a piece of whole wheat toast
-spinach and fruit smoothie with a scoop of vanilla protein
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.