You can breathe many ways while meditating. Noticing your natural rhythm is one way. You could practice deep breathing where you count 2 or 3 seconds in and 2 or 3 seconds out. Many times instructors will have you practice breathing into your abdomen. But I think noticing your breathe is a good place to start.
Breath in through you nose and take a big breath out from you mouth letting your self deflate and all your worries go out with a clear mind
Slow and steady. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Breathe deep from your diaphragm and focus on your breathing.
It depends on your goal. Simple mindfulness meditation usually asks you to breathe as you normally would and just pay attention, while some others may ask you to slow your breathing, usually with counting.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?