With guided meditations, I think you should try and meditate for the whole session. With unguided meditation I think meditating until you feel peaceful and at rest is best.
I try for at least 10 minutes a day! The biggest tip I have is allocating A LOT more time than you think you’ll need. Give yourself half an hour for a 10 minute meditation so you can properly relax and be present, and if you feel yourself slipping you don’t have to feel rushed to “do it right”
10 minutes is good, but if you can do 1, 5 that's better than nothing. Longer is better. 15-30 ideal. Calm app and headspace go for about 10 a day.
Personally, I use the Headspace app to meditate for about 3-5 minutes daily, but it depends on the person who is meditating. I don’t think meditating for more than, say, 7 or 8 minutes a day will fit easily into a routine(especially if you use an app) at night, so I recommend meditating in the morning. In all, it depends on your own preferences.
You should meditate at least for ten minutes every day, but if you can't do that for whatever reason, then you should meditate just for a couple minutes, to keep reinforcing the habit.
- How do you meditate at work without being perceived as “dozing off”?
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?