Hey, anything over 5 minutes of heart rate-raising exercise will have lasting metabolism increasing affects that last all day. What are your goals? Weight loss?- don’t lift, focus on endurance cardio, fast bursts, and low weight/high reps. Muscle gain? Pull back on the cardio and increase the lifting- lift more and more weight with each set and push past your limit. I usually do a 30 minute workout every morning and tons of Intense cardio Scattered throughout the week. In 5’10” and 160lbs. I believe in you!
That's a great start! I usually do about 3 hours at the gym. 30 minutes is usually my cardio, running. Then strength training for all over body burn, circuit training, and lastly yoga and stretches to help the muscles recover faster and easier. I do all this because at home I have 4 kids and no time for myself. I say if you have the time… Use it.
It depends on your goal. 30-45 minutes should be enough for both cardio and strenght and conditioning. 5- 10 minutes of stretching. 30 minutes of a workout and 5 minutes to change weights etc. Less is more. Be more efficient and don't waste time in the gym.
I’ve heard that longer intense workouts are not as effective as shorter intense workouts, so 30 minutes is probably sufficient. I never work out longer than an hour doing less intense workouts (like yoga for example), and 30-45 minutes doing more intense workouts (cycling, for example).
It should be 30 minutes, as you said. It's not good to stay long at the gym because it works more if the workout is intense and short.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?