I am disabled now though as Billy Joel said, "when I wore a younger man's clothes ", I would just slowly walk my hands down a wall until I was able to do a back bend all by myself. I would suggest wearing rubber gloves for the grip. You don't have to train yourself to reach the floor but it did give a nice stretch.
I started doing backbends as a kid so I didn’t really work up to it, but I recommend doing back stretches like cobra pose, if you’re working towards a back bend I would work on strength as well as flexibility. Yoga helps.
No Lia Q.
I do a lot kinds of exercises that need and use the back flexibility and it take me a long time to do a perfect back bend.
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?
- Kindly suggest few stretching exercises to be followed