I am disabled now though as Billy Joel said, "when I wore a younger man's clothes ", I would just slowly walk my hands down a wall until I was able to do a back bend all by myself. I would suggest wearing rubber gloves for the grip. You don't have to train yourself to reach the floor but it did give a nice stretch.
I started doing backbends as a kid so I didn’t really work up to it, but I recommend doing back stretches like cobra pose, if you’re working towards a back bend I would work on strength as well as flexibility. Yoga helps.
No Lia Q.
I do a lot kinds of exercises that need and use the back flexibility and it take me a long time to do a perfect back bend.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?