I am disabled now though as Billy Joel said, "when I wore a younger man's clothes ", I would just slowly walk my hands down a wall until I was able to do a back bend all by myself. I would suggest wearing rubber gloves for the grip. You don't have to train yourself to reach the floor but it did give a nice stretch.
I started doing backbends as a kid so I didn’t really work up to it, but I recommend doing back stretches like cobra pose, if you’re working towards a back bend I would work on strength as well as flexibility. Yoga helps.
No Lia Q.
I do a lot kinds of exercises that need and use the back flexibility and it take me a long time to do a perfect back bend.
- What strech do you think is most effective?
- I stretch in the morning, but I am not sure how long I should be stretching for?
- Which body part would you consider essential to stretch?
- If anyone has any good stretch videos they can recommend I’d love to know!
- What kinds of stretches are good for hands and feet
- Sometimes I feel like I lie to myself when I tick the boxes. Have I done not enough?
- What are your favourite go to stretches? Which stretches do you use in your daily routine?
- How do you know where to start as a beginner that is inflexible. It seems like all of the guides really hurt when I try to follow them.
- I roll my neck to stretch it but it’s still pretty inflexible. Any other neck stretches?
- I want to know how to relax while stretching