Stretch your hamstrings. When hamstrings are tight it pulls a series of muscles including the low back. Touch your toes to start.
What helps me most to decompress my spine (I too have lower back issues and pain) is the deep pool. I put 10 lbs ankle weights on, grab a swim ring (or other floating device) and jump in. It really helps.
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?
- Is it best to stretch in the morning or before bed?
- What is your favorite way to stretch your neck?
- Dose any one have a really good stretching routine, because I would really like one but I have not found any really good ones that I can do at home.
- Name three sensations other than the physical burn you love about getting your stretch on?
- Bounce or no bounce in your stretch?
- What kind of stretches would you recommend for someone who has very limited mobility in their joints/overweight/unfit etc…