Stretch your hamstrings. When hamstrings are tight it pulls a series of muscles including the low back. Touch your toes to start.
What helps me most to decompress my spine (I too have lower back issues and pain) is the deep pool. I put 10 lbs ankle weights on, grab a swim ring (or other floating device) and jump in. It really helps.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?