Meditation has helped me to refocus my mind and calm it down during times of overactivity. Especially during the night when I cannot sleep.
- Where do you situate yourself to meditate (room, favorite chair, etc)?
- Do you like to meditate to ambient music, or in silence?
- What’s in an afternoon routine?
- I find myself often getting frustrated with my self when I get distracted, feel discomfort, and sometimes feel restless like I should he doing something else. How do you let these thoughts go and come back to the meditation to stay meditating for longer?
- What’s a good way to focus on meditating and not on everything else?
I’m not entirely sure. I think I am slowly learning to take the time to relax, to stop the busyness and crowding that is such a part of modern life. I hope meditation is helping me to focus. To learn to turn off when and as neeeded, to calm myself. It’s still very much a work in progrsss!
I feel meditation can change my life and it focuses my mind to singular thoughts to my organs and how they work and how I can find control in my life
Antônia Da costa
By creating a time slot for meditation, my thoughts have a space created for them on a regular basis. During that time, my thoughts get reorganized, I see how I'm doing, if something happened to me then I get the chance to work through it and understand my feelings. During this time I can make peace with the past, accept the presence and imagine what I want my future to look like. Meditating regularly, even for a short time has changed everything for me.
It helped me be present in the moment. To stop for a minute. Life flies by too fast. It’s nice to learn to just stop and smell the roses once in a while.
I can’t say it’s changed my life, but it has made me a more mindful person. It has made me a bit more patient with others too.
I don't know if meditation changed my life yet. I never succeeded in staying with it for more than a couple of weeks. I suppose it makes me think about taking a breath and focusing on that, insted of, eg having a meltdown on a busy day. And I suppose that's actually a lot.
It has allowed me to be more present in all areas of my life, and is a tool to help alleviate stress. It also teaches me a lot about myself and what is on my mind. It is part of how I care for myself, a little oasis from the chaos life can sometimes be.
It has help me and knowledge the fact that my mind goes wild and loses its self and thought it has also help me to recognize my ability to focus and to have inside of the activity ideas and work things of my mind
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep