Meditation has helped me to refocus my mind and calm it down during times of overactivity. Especially during the night when I cannot sleep.
- What do you eat for breakfast when you aren’t hungry?
- What is the best time for you to write your to-do and why?
- What helps your meditation the most? A particular music track? A specific calm space?
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
- What if you find you just cannot focus after a busy day?
I’m not entirely sure. I think I am slowly learning to take the time to relax, to stop the busyness and crowding that is such a part of modern life. I hope meditation is helping me to focus. To learn to turn off when and as neeeded, to calm myself. It’s still very much a work in progrsss!
I feel meditation can change my life and it focuses my mind to singular thoughts to my organs and how they work and how I can find control in my life
Antônia Da costa
By creating a time slot for meditation, my thoughts have a space created for them on a regular basis. During that time, my thoughts get reorganized, I see how I'm doing, if something happened to me then I get the chance to work through it and understand my feelings. During this time I can make peace with the past, accept the presence and imagine what I want my future to look like. Meditating regularly, even for a short time has changed everything for me.
It helped me be present in the moment. To stop for a minute. Life flies by too fast. It’s nice to learn to just stop and smell the roses once in a while.
I can’t say it’s changed my life, but it has made me a more mindful person. It has made me a bit more patient with others too.
I don't know if meditation changed my life yet. I never succeeded in staying with it for more than a couple of weeks. I suppose it makes me think about taking a breath and focusing on that, insted of, eg having a meltdown on a busy day. And I suppose that's actually a lot.
It has allowed me to be more present in all areas of my life, and is a tool to help alleviate stress. It also teaches me a lot about myself and what is on my mind. It is part of how I care for myself, a little oasis from the chaos life can sometimes be.
It has help me and knowledge the fact that my mind goes wild and loses its self and thought it has also help me to recognize my ability to focus and to have inside of the activity ideas and work things of my mind
- How long do you meditate for?
- Do you meditate in the dark, with dimmed lights, or with bright lights on? Why?
- I try to meditate before bed every night and I always just fall asleep just before the 10 min bell goes off to signal the end of the meditation. It jolts me awake and I end up feeling a bit stressed out by the sensation. Any tips to help stay in the moment rather than falling asleep?
- Do you prefer meditating by yourself or using a guided meditation?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
- Sometimes I feel that meditation is wasting my time. How do I stop that?
- Do you meditate upon a question?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- I can’t seem to quiet my mind during meditation. How do I just STOP thinking. Also how do I prevent myself from falling asleep in the process?
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?