Close your eyes and imagine your doing what you want to be doing, feel like your already doing it, it’s already yours. Visualise
Visualization for me comes in many forms… sometimes I need to scribble some kind of rough diagram down; other times, a more complicated approach is needed. Just depends on the task at hand.
If it’s something more like a meditation, I don’t really think about it, I kind of just let whatever comes to mind go, and then work with it from there.
I not sure if I'm doing this correctly but I imagine myself in a situation, trying to include as many details as I can, so the situation seems more plausible to me.
If a guided meditation has asked me to visualize, or if I am medotating on a certain subject, i simply let my mimd wander to thiughts related to my visualisation topic. It is like letting your dog off leash at a dog park, where tje dog is fenced into a certain area, but is free to roam around and play with other dogs. Keeping your thoughts on topic is a difficult task, but each time you are successful, it becomes much easier.
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?