I have a bedtime mode set on my phone that turns on the "do not disturb" automatically every night. I also leave my phone in a different room (usually the kitchen) once I am 'unplugged' for the evening.
I make sure that my phone isnt within arms reach of my bed, and that all notification sounds are turned off. This gets rid of any temptation and makes it more of an effort to have to get out of bed and walk across my room in order to look at my phone.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?