When I first began to meditate I had the same question. I've learned to listen to my body. When you meditate you should geel relaxed afterwards. Some people even feel energized. You should be able to let go of your stress and worries so that you can be productive. I found meditation to be the way to relax, release and restore your body and mind.
To be honest, I don’t know if I’m doing it right! But I’m trying. And that’s what matters here. Just go with what you think is right! You got this! 👍🏻
I recommend a free app I use call Oak. Also, mediation is a practice. Be grateful for your wandering mind because the practice is noticing time and again that your thoughts are elsewhere and then gently and kindly bringing your attention back to your breath. It helps me to think to myself that there is no doing meditation correctly because “doing it wrong” and noticing that is the “right” way.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?