When I first began to meditate I had the same question. I've learned to listen to my body. When you meditate you should geel relaxed afterwards. Some people even feel energized. You should be able to let go of your stress and worries so that you can be productive. I found meditation to be the way to relax, release and restore your body and mind.
I recommend a free app I use call Oak. Also, mediation is a practice. Be grateful for your wandering mind because the practice is noticing time and again that your thoughts are elsewhere and then gently and kindly bringing your attention back to your breath. It helps me to think to myself that there is no doing meditation correctly because “doing it wrong” and noticing that is the “right” way.
To be honest, I don’t know if I’m doing it right! But I’m trying. And that’s what matters here. Just go with what you think is right! You got this! 👍🏻
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??