I limit my ranking to 3 ranks per A/B/C list. Usually if Im lucky I get to B2. I usually can only complete about 3 big items before I’m too tired and just want to do nothing.
Two, include due dates. Don’t just write a to do list, but plan out WHEN you’re going to do it.
Three, have separate lists for today, this week, this month, and at some point. Be logical about when you’re over scheduling.
Four, let the list be long. Though it’s not as satisfying.
Unfortunately I don’t always have my small spiral notebook 📒 with me at all times (it’s large enough that I feel comfortable writing in it and small enough to fit in my coat pocket but barely- it still is big enough to be irritating in my pants pocket.
I know this not what the Fab app recommends… I’m still in the process of cementing down my routines and rituals and goals… I’m not yet 1 year in being a Fab Member… but i think I am getting close!
If the list is too long I try to finish the top three first and then continue with the next three items. The secondary items become top priority next day.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??