I lack the drive as well for that. My suggestion would Be to first figure what is slowing your drive down. Many times we have emotional stuff going on that is holding us back. For me personally it is the fear of failing, I would rather just fail than try and fail. Until then, I make a cleaning to do list. Daily I have a list of things I should be cleaning. Then rather than waiting until your evening is done and your tired, start your evening routine around 4 or when you get home from work. That way you are slowly getting stuff done and not waiting until you’d like to relax.
I put some wind down music on and take 20-30 minutes to just tidy around before having a warm shower and climbing into bed for a relaxing night sleep
When I started the journey to “get my life together” I started with my bedroom. I live with people so trying to do everything at once can seem daunting. When my clothes were fresh out of the dryer I immediately put them away. Every morning? The second I’m out of bed, I make the bed. I set days where I dust and vacuum. Start small then move to other parts of the house.
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?