My Instagram feed is mainly surrounded by positive affirmations related to what I want to do. If it’s weight loss then about weight, if it’s vegan food then about vegans. So I don’t feel like I am missing out in anything. My problem though is that I play games before I go to sleep. So now I just decide I will finish x tasks of the game and put the phone aside and sleep.
I use this app to help break the cycle and divide things into smaller pieces so it's easily doable. It is rewarding not constantly being plugged in all the time. It will be uncomfortable at first but you can do it. Just have to keep trying and not give up.
- How can I start a new habit?
- How do you stop yourself from using your phone at night?
- How can I unplug during the day?
- How do I stop using my phone before sleeping?
- How do I control my anxiety when I disconnect from my phone?
- How do you find time to disconnect when you have little kids?
- I don’t normally disconnect until the time I go to sleep. Is that okay or should I find a way to disconnect before then?
- When is a good time to disconnect?
- If you use your phone as an alarm, how do you not look at all the notifications while you’re still in bed before you get up?
- What do you do during your disconnect time? Do you switch things up or do you do the same things?