Honestly, I keep the “daily cleaning” at a minimum. So basically I try to keep it at one thing a day (vacuum OR fold clothes, not both lol). I find it’s easier that way so I don’t get overwhelmed. I also do it as soon as I come in so I don’t get too tired. Don’t know if that helps, but that’s me currently.
I do little bits here and there. And don't sit down! If you sit down, you won't get up to clean anything else. If you keep doing bits here and there right through the evening, then the sit down at the end is the reward
I will sometimes set a timer for 15 minutes to do a rapid round of discarding. When I'm ready to do a deeper dive to be more discerning about what I want to discard and then organize my things, I plan ahead and make sure that I have enough time and schedule the right time when I know I won't be tired to tackle it all.
I do it after work, around 4:00 pm. I pick two areas to clean each day: one area in the kitchen and one area somewhere else. I rotate through and aim to clean everything once a week. For example, one day i’ll clean out the refrigerator and dining room. The next day I might wash my sheets and clean the oven.
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!