Honestly, I keep the “daily cleaning” at a minimum. So basically I try to keep it at one thing a day (vacuum OR fold clothes, not both lol). I find it’s easier that way so I don’t get overwhelmed. I also do it as soon as I come in so I don’t get too tired. Don’t know if that helps, but that’s me currently.
I do little bits here and there. And don't sit down! If you sit down, you won't get up to clean anything else. If you keep doing bits here and there right through the evening, then the sit down at the end is the reward
I will sometimes set a timer for 15 minutes to do a rapid round of discarding. When I'm ready to do a deeper dive to be more discerning about what I want to discard and then organize my things, I plan ahead and make sure that I have enough time and schedule the right time when I know I won't be tired to tackle it all.
I do it after work, around 4:00 pm. I pick two areas to clean each day: one area in the kitchen and one area somewhere else. I rotate through and aim to clean everything once a week. For example, one day i’ll clean out the refrigerator and dining room. The next day I might wash my sheets and clean the oven.
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?