Stop using your mobile devices at 9PM and do something that relaxes you, like showering, reading a book and/or taking a walk.
That's called having a good "sleep hygiene" 🙂
Second, start getting ready for bed at 8 or 9 pm. It doesn't mean getting in bed. It means get yourself ready for tomorrow. Do your list of things that will keep you from getting in bed at 10 pm. Do you need to lay out your clothes? Do you need to make lunch for work tomorrow? Get that routine taken care of early if you can. If you start at 8 pm and finish by 8:15, then great! It's done, and you don't need to worry about it.
Lastly, make this your routine. Do it every day whether you work tomorrow or not, whether you need to get up or not, get up at the same time every morning whether you slept well or not. Also, wake up time can't be 10 am. It needs to be around 6 or 7 am. Otherwise, you've overslept.
I usually read a book before I sleep and then just lay in the dark comfortable and relax. And then I’m out like a light.
Sometimes when I can’t sleep, drinking chamomile tea 30 minutes before you sleep also works like a charm as well.
Second you can do some relaxing activities for sleep, like reading, listening to music.
Besides, melatoninn medicines may also be helpful. But you can never depend on them. They can be used to adjust your interrupted natural rhythm and after you have formed the right sleeping habits, stop taking them since they do have side effects.
I do my evening routine in time so I have some relaxing time left and so it is easyer to get in bed on time
- Do you do the same kind of exercise every day?
- What should I do when I feel too tired to exercise?
- My job involves a lot of walking so I am mainly getting my cardio that way. How can I transition to something else for days I’m not working or if I change jobs?
- How do you retain your focus during meditation?
- Should I still try to excercise in the morning as I am going back to school next week or just in the afternoon?
- Has anyone found any other 7 minute exercises? I am getting bored doing the same one every morning.
- Which is better, exercising before or after breakfast?
- Is mediation a workout/exercise?
- What can you do to start enjoying the exercise process instead of it feeling like a punishment?
- What is your cardio and strength ratio and what kind of exercise do you do?