Wake up early and make going outside the first thing you do. There’s a Silicon Valley guy (I can’t remember who), who takes a picture of a different flower every morning on his run. Noticing the flowers adds another dimension to ‘just getting outside’ gives you more motivation to do it. Maybe you could text a friend about what you saw that morning, what pleased you? Maybe you could come home and write about it for 5 minutes. You could meet a friend every day. Tying the ritual to others gives you more reason to accomplish it. But a lightweight umbrella and always carry it with you. When you get the idea, just do it. Count down from 5 and follow it with a physical action. Make it easy to do: have your shoes by the door, write yourself a note, label your social media section on the phone ‘go outside’ or ‘mindless’ and this will be an extra reminder to do it.
Remember that it’s really easy. It’s cheap, it’s flexible, and it’s simple. Just go for a walk round the block first time, then build it up.
Merry up an activity you enjoy and a specific type of weather to create a new experience (Running in the rain. If it’s hot, do something active to sweat easier and get a tan faster)
Combine social + outdoors + activity/exercise (Go on a hike, camp, or a walk in the park with friends or family).
Take your breaks at work outside (quick walks)
Do you really need to take the car even for short distances or could you take the bike?
2) Start small but consistenly: schedule a 10 min walk every day. Increase the duration if you want to.
3) there are no excuses for not going outside: THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!
- Do you do the same kind of exercise every day?
- What should I do when I feel too tired to exercise?
- My job involves a lot of walking so I am mainly getting my cardio that way. How can I transition to something else for days I’m not working or if I change jobs?
- How do you retain your focus during meditation?
- Should I still try to excercise in the morning as I am going back to school next week or just in the afternoon?
- Has anyone found any other 7 minute exercises? I am getting bored doing the same one every morning.
- Which is better, exercising before or after breakfast?
- Is mediation a workout/exercise?
- What can you do to start enjoying the exercise process instead of it feeling like a punishment?
- What is your cardio and strength ratio and what kind of exercise do you do?