Acknowledge that it everyone is living a completely different situation, it is hard to accept and cope with the fact that not everyone is interested in having healthy habits (unfortunately not everyone wants to exercise and ear healthy) but you have to face this task knowing that you will have your spaces clean and uncluttered, the common spaces are not your responsibility alone and this way you won't get frustrated with the rest of the family
Be the change you wanna see. But dont put too much pressure to yourself. You can clean up one area on thing (what you choose) everyday and it will get better each day. And hopefully others would see the change and join you. But you can pressure them either. I really hope you succeed! All love ❤ (I've been there and it is a marathon)
I have the exact problem! I would say sit down and talk to them. Establish a schedule. For example on mondays, everyone does laundry and a certain person does the dishes, Tuesday- everyone cleans the bathrooms and dusts, etc. it may not always be perfect, but it’ll will help a lot.
- What’s something you “tidy up” that ppl wouldn’t think of organizing?
- Do you think that having the same daily cleaning routine works better than spreading it all through the week?
- Do you have any interesting cleaning habits? For example, mine is looking through my wardrobe and picking clothes to give away or looking through my fridge for expiring dates. What is yours?
- Do you think Music helps or distracts when trying to clean/organize/de clutter?
- Any good tips for organising all things?
- What do you do during your clean up ?
- How do i clean and organize drawers?
- Any suggestions for keeping a house tidy when you have two small people following you around creating chaos and messes? My mess-makers are 7 and 4. By the time I’m done cleaning up the daily mess, I have no energy left to tackle the underlying mess! And it’s disheartening to get one area nice and neat…only to turn around and find a new mess. Ideas?
- How can I declutter paper piles?, I never know what to keep and what should I throw.
- How do you keep organized?