Night 1: No. I often use my phone to listen to the Calm app or ASMR on YouTube to calm my mind and allow myself to drift to sleep. So I did use my phone for that the first night. Nights 2 and 3 I was able to fall asleep without my phone completely. I imagine there will be more nights here and there where I need my phone to help me sleep, but I will try to limit screen time/scrolling, and only use it for audio.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?