I also suggest doing the neck stretches in the shower, under hot water, with the water directly on the neck. Remember to breathe and be patient, and do not overexert yourself here, or it'll exacerbate the whole thing.
1. Tuck chin
2. Love down
3. Right ear toward right shoulder. Keep that chin tucked!
4a. Rotate head down (to look at your shoulder).
5. You can increase the stretch by using your right hand to apply very gentle pressure to your head, or reach your left arm toward the floor.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Repeat all of the above except:
4b. Rotate head up to look at the ceiling. Again, remember to keep your chin tucked.
If you get a stiff neck frequently, do a few sets of chin tucks during the day. You can do this by lying down on your back and tucking your chin-your pillow will provide resistance.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?