I also suggest doing the neck stretches in the shower, under hot water, with the water directly on the neck. Remember to breathe and be patient, and do not overexert yourself here, or it'll exacerbate the whole thing.
- I’m not quite sure on how to stretch in the morning. I don’t wanna do anything too heavy and I’m wondering if anybody has a good routine?
- What are warmup exercises I have to do before running?
- What do you do to celebrate? I’m stumped on how come up with my own celebration.
- What are the best stretches to do in the morning to wake up your muscles?
- How can I be more consistent when stretching in the morning? I tend to get bored or distracted.
1. Tuck chin
2. Love down
3. Right ear toward right shoulder. Keep that chin tucked!
4a. Rotate head down (to look at your shoulder).
5. You can increase the stretch by using your right hand to apply very gentle pressure to your head, or reach your left arm toward the floor.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Repeat all of the above except:
4b. Rotate head up to look at the ceiling. Again, remember to keep your chin tucked.
If you get a stiff neck frequently, do a few sets of chin tucks during the day. You can do this by lying down on your back and tucking your chin-your pillow will provide resistance.
- Do you find the breaks between exercises to be really short?
- When do you stretch and for how long? Also how do you find routines?
- What do you include in your stretching routine?
- I have noticed that when I stretch I tend to always do the same thing and I get “bored.” Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated for stretching?
- Is there a specific routine you follow for stretching? If so, what is it?
- Do you focus on one body part or the whole body?
- What does your stretch routine look like? What do you follow? Or do you have your own routine? If so, what is it?
- How often do you stretch? More than once a day?
- What are the best stretches for the glutes?
- How has stretching helped you so far?